Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hat pattern

Post Thanks / Like

hat pattern

Ladies, my husband and I watched the old movie "Centennial" based on James Michener's book and in it there's a French trapper named Pasquinel who has a hat my husband would like me to make for him. I found a knitted pattern on Ravelry, but can't find a crochet pattern. It's called a toque hat, but it's not just a slouch hat. It looks like it goes up from the brim almost in a triangle and finishes off before it reaches a peak because it actually folds down and looks as if it tucks into the brim--maybe similar to an elf hat. Anyone ever seen a pattern for something like that, by any chance?

Post Thanks / Like

hat pattern hat pattern

CrochetSuzieQ, Does the hat look like this? If you don't find the pattern on the Internet. You could measure the circumference of your husbands head and crochet a circle and decrease rows as you go up the rows until you get the desired look you want.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that's it. Thanks for the tip, Spoula! I'm not sure if I'm private messaging you or not (computer challenged.) If not, could you tell me how to do it and I'll send you my email address. tysm!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, CrochetSuzieQ, To send a private message you click on the name at the left of the posting (spoula) there is a drop down box that will say private message click on that. You will get a screen that looks just like this just type your message and when done hit send. It should come to me.
    I found the hat on the Internet. There are patterns at Etsy but they looked like slouch hats to me. The picture I sent is a French Touque hat. I'm sorry I don't have a pattern for this hat. If you can't find a pattern I mentioned that you could try to make it your self. I think I saw on the Internet one day the chart for hat sizes from babies to adults. Below is an example of measurements.
    Adult Large head measurements 23 inches, hat to crown 7.5 to 8 inches. Hat height 9 to 9.5
    Adult medium head measurements 22 inches hat to crown 7 to 7.5 hat height 8.5 to 9
    Adult small head measurements 20 to 21 inches hat to crown 6.5 to 7 hat height 8. 8.5
    Look for that on Google. Then try to crochet a chain that would match the head size of your husband. Yarn stretches a little so you might be safe. There might be other ladies on this site that have information that could help too.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Now, you have me trying to remember the guy who played the Frenchman. I can picture him. It will come to me later today. I want to say a Robert someone. Spoula, thanks for the measurements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi mnleona,

Was if Robert Conrad or Robert Vaughn?
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    You know your movies, Spoola. It was Robert Conrad that played Pasquinel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dafydil View Post
    You know your movies, Spoola. It was Robert Conrad that played Pasquinel.
    Hi dafydil, Lucky guess I think. Ha ha

Spoula