Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

I Went to Jamaica...vacation!

Jamaica...

Last week, my younger daughter and I took our annual mother-daughter vacation. This year, we chose to go international. Jamaica! We had a fabulous time. We flew directly to Montego Bay and stayed at Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa. 5 days and 4 nights of fun and excitement! We had car service to the airport and upon our return home. We also had use of the VIP Lounge which speeded up our customs passage. What great 1st class service and planning on my younger daughter's part. All these services were well-worth the cost!

We toured Mount Olive Basic School, a Catholic Church, dined at a restaurant and went shopping during the tour. The tour guide was quite informative and knowledgeable. At the Resort, we sunbathed on the beach,(including eating at restaurants on the beach). Fine dining at an Italian Restaurant at the Resort was exquisite! The meals served daily at Fresh(a restaurant) were so mouth-watering and refreshing! Jamaican food is absolutely the best!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were entertained nightly by "Show Time"...live performers:singing, dancing, magician, fire breather and a man who walked on glass and nails. We had an exciting time! It was a memorable vacation and being with my younger daughter just made it the best vacation ever!~Butterflyrose

4. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And my daughter walked waist-deep into the Caribbean Sea!

We chose an oceanfront view for our accommodations so that we could view the Sea at anytime. It was so soothing and relaxing to hear the waves!

6. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds wonderful! It also sounds like you both had an awesome time! Feel free to share some of your pictures if you took any while vacationing!

8. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyrose View Post
    We were entertained nightly by "Show Time"...live performers:singing, dancing, magician, fire breather and a man who walked on glass and nails. We had an exciting time! It was a memorable vacation and being with my younger daughter just made it the best vacation ever!~Butterflyrose
    Did you go to Ocho Rios and see the Dunn's River Falls? My ex and I went there years ago and climbed up the falls. The ocean in Jamaica is the most incredible blue!!! i am sooo glad you were able to go there with your daughter!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

10. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    This sounds wonderful! It also sounds like you both had an awesome time! Feel free to share some of your pictures if you took any while vacationing!
    Yes, our vacation was amazing! Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dancingbaehr;198736]Did you go to Ocho Rios and see the Dunn's River Falls? My ex and I went there years ago and climbed up the falls. The ocean in Jamaica is the most incredible blue!!! i am sooo glad you were able to go there with your daughter!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

We were in Montego Bay and on our tour we passed through Freeport. We also saw a "mountain" of limestone with water cascading. The water is purified by the limestone according to our tour guide. She said even their cars are washed in purified water. Yes, the Sea is very beautiful...we saw three hues; deeper blue, lighter blue and green. Glad to hear about your experience in Jamaica! Thank you.(((HUGS)))Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Travel Wall of Souvenirs...

Since returning from my trip, I've created a "Travel Wall.". A tea towel that says Jamaica and a key holder in the shape of Jamaica that I put one of my Jamaica keychains is on this wall.
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 07-03-2017 at 09:03 AM.