Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to Crochet

Post Thanks / Like

New to Crochet

Hi everyone! I am new to crochet and am glad that I found this forum. I am a mother and a grandmother, I am tired and retired. . I learned how to crochet years ago by my mother who learned from my father's mother my grandmother. Mom taught me how to make the never ending granny square and that was it. I later learned how to quilt and have been a quilter for years. A friend of mine recently re-introduced to crochet and am loving it. It is so easy to fix a mistake! And I make a lot of them. I have made dishcloths and pot holders to get my stitches back. So far I have made a baby afghan for my new granddaughter and learned the popcorn stitch, a full sized afghan in a pattern called The
    Drunkard's Path, a granny square throw with a different flower on each square and am now working on a hexagon granny with the braided join. Thank Heaven for Youtube. I want to get to the point where I can make clothes and such for myself and for my grandchildren. I am looking forward to using this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It sounds like you are very busy doing what you enjoy! Glad you are crocheting again! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! Welcome to this forum. I am Larisa addicted on doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! And welcome! Sounds like you keep busy! Making children's items isn't hard! There are all kinds of easy patterns online! My go to site is crochetpatterncentral.com! Glad you joined us!