Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

im a beginner and i have a question

hello everybody i start the knitting in 2013 but with a blanket work i have a limit for the wideness of my blanket knitting and i want 150cm of wideness in my blanket so if my understanding is good with the crochet i have no limit about the wideness in my work ?
    Last edited by alexmtl; 06-12-2017 at 06:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    also for the type of good stich for the economy of yarn and time for a big size of blanket im gonna us a 10mm needle
    @!£x

Post Thanks / Like
    #1 - No, there is no limit to the size of blanket you can make with crochet. However, as many could attest to, once the blanket starts to gain size, it can get pretty awkward to work with because of the bulkiness. I think that's why granny squares/module type blankets are popular, because you create the pieces and connect them at the last stage of making the blanket.

#2 - I don't tend to use large hooks, but a good stitch for economy of yarn would be a basic openwork stitch, such as dc in one st, *ch 1 (or 2), skip 1 (or 2) stitches, dc in the next stitch*; repeat * to * to end of row, ch 2, turn. This would give you a loose fabric and a lacy look, if that's what you're going for.

I hope this has helped you a little bit, and good luck! Please post photos to show us your progress. We'd love to see them!
    Last edited by Nova55; 06-16-2017 at 10:18 AM.

4. Likes MeToo! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    #2 - I don't tend to use large hooks, but a good stitch for economy of yarn would be a basic openwork stitch, such as dc in one st, ch 1 (or 2), skip 1 (or 2) stitches, dc in the next stitch. This would give you a loose fabric and a lacy look, if that's what you're going for.
    I second this stitch/pattern is the way to go for a first time blanket! its easy and if you are a knitter learning crochet I think you will find how quick and easy this pattern is very enjoyable.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your help nova55 and suewin
    @!£x

Post Thanks / Like
    im gonna put some picture of my blanket soon
    @!£x

Post Thanks / Like
    im a beginner and i have a question-2-jpg its a blanket in polyester knitting that i made in february with the **bernat blanket** wool the work is 80cm by 80cm i take 11us needle for this work and im gonna show you the crochet picture when my blanket gonna be finnish
    Last edited by alexmtl; 06-20-2017 at 02:10 AM.
    @!£x

9. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    and its the scarf a made in knitting with 8us needleim a beginner and i have a question-img_0556-jpg
    Last edited by alexmtl; 06-24-2017 at 12:00 PM.
    @!£x

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty colors and nice work in the blanket! I don't knit, but it looks pretty good to me and I can't wait to see the finished product. Maybe you could try to post a photo of the scarf again because it didn't come out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice choice of colours. Get going so we can see the finished result!