Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know how to crochet a bow?

I am wanting to crochet a full armor set based off this character from WoW: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...r/Sylvanas.jpg
    I've designed everything EXCEPT the bow and the pants/shorts (right above the top of the boot, or maybe even into the boot?). I couldn't find a bow that wasn't childish and could stay firm and curved in your hand and be heavy enough to support the additional addons.
    Here is a good picture of her bowhttps://www.google.com/search?q=sylv...JOYhDrcrzKw-M:

You can see her pants in the first link provided. If you have any suggestions and would like to collaborate, feel free to send me a private message and we can discuss. Or post it on here! No problem either way. It will be used in my final pattern, so bear that in mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    My thought is crocheting over a piece of wire to stiffen and strengthen the bow. I have done this using chenille stems for amigurumis. They would be too flimsy for your purpose but I can't see why a stiff wire wouldn't work.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been thinking about making a full aromor set too (though much more simple for starters) and I was thinking about making a flail to it - for the flail I'll use a PVC pipe which will make a stiff base. For a bow a good idea would be to take a thick wire and make a skeleton of the bow with it and then crochet over it. It's a bit more of work but you can make it really sturdy that way.