Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Introduction

Hi, I'm dianecrochets. As you might guess, my hobby is crochet. I particularly like thread crochet. I have been retired for the past year and a half.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I like to crochet and knit and i'm always looking for new patterns

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello there! Welcome to the Forum I make thread doilies and collect patterns too

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you! Congratulations on your retirement! Hopefully, you will have plenty of time to enjoy the art of crocheting! Keep us updated on how your projects are going!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! And welcome! What type of things do you crochet? Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the crochet group dianecrochets. it is good to have you join us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dianecrochets,

I too would like to welcome you to this wonderful group of crochet fanatics lol, I am so glad you found this site, I have met alot of wonderful people on this forum & it's so nice to be able to talk crochet with others who love it as much as we all seem to. I also enjoy making things with thread, do you usually make doilies or do you do other patterns as well? I have really liked getting into filet crochet as well as all the wonderful patterns for doilies. I made the "Lord's Prayer" wall hanging & gave it to my father in law for his 80th birthday, & it was wonderful to be able to share in our love of our "Father" in such a special way. He couldn't believe I made it just for him. I now have it back as the family thought I would want to keep it after his passing & I treasure the memories we made. Have you made wall hangings? If so of what? I can't wait to hear about the projects you have made & I hope if you have any pictures of your work that you might be willing to share them with the group. We all love getting to see what others are working on. I hope we will have more time to get to know eachother & I wish you a wonderful weekend. Your Crochet Friend, Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for welcoming me! I tabble in making different things. Sometimes, I have to be the mood to what it may be. I make more than things around Christmas time. This site is great to view new things to make. I love doing other crafts besides crocheting and knitting. I'm a fast learner, which is God's give to me. I had a word once that He was going to bless my hands and He did so! Thank you once again. I'm looking forward to sharing again!

Post Thanks / Like
    What a warm welcome from all of you. I'm somewhat overwhelmed at how nice strangers can be. Thank you so much for making me feel like part of your family.

Although I used a computer at work, I'm not expert at this type of computing. I don't have a camera to take pictures and don't have any idea of how to go about doing that. I have enjoyed looking at your work so much, though, that I'm going to try to teach myself about all the computer possibilities for sharing what we all enjoy. I am really enjoying looking at the work you're all doing. It's not our grandma's crochet anymore, is it?

I would love to have the Lord's Prayer pattern. I make mostly doilies and particularly like the more intricate ones. I sometimes take out the same row 3 or 4 times before I ever get it right. I have also done filet name crochet for my brothers and my daughters. I make yarn afghans as well but don't really do anything else with yarn.

Again, thank you for your kind welcomes.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://tinypic.com/k3rq4z.gif