Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Question Hello! from Wisconsin

I love crocheting, but simple patterns that don't require a lot of changing colors like granny squares. I'm insecure about not properly working in new colors and fear my work will eventually unravel. I feel like I need to tie knots when joining new yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lilylee ..welcome to the forum...I felt my afghans would came apart too..so I tied small knots also.. when I started making ripple afghans I just started adding six inches of the different color and crocheting over it..so forth...done has came apart. if I can do it..I know you can too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forum! It is nice to meet you! I understand your uncertainty when you are not sure about your work. But, remember when you are ready to try again - practice will help you to become better. Glad you are here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa addicted on doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lilylee! And welcome! leave a long tail when you join another color and either crochet over it with the next few stitches or weave it in later! I've made many afghans and have never had one fall apart! Believe us-you can do it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have crocheted many afghans and none have fallen apart yet. I have one on my couch right now that I made for my mother-in-law in 1975 and it is just fine. I always leave a long end when joining a new colour and crochet over it, thus hiding the end. When I make a granny squares afghan or other motif, I make sure to weave in the ends as I go along, otherwise I am faced with oodles of ends to hide which tends to be a tad discouraging.
    http://tinypic.com/k3rq4z.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    I weave in the ends right away or I end up not liking them much in the finish. I finished a baby blanket yesterday and was just a bit short for the fringe....so just did not use any cuz they did not have any more at the shop. Lesson learned, again!