Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Hat to go with the baby dress I made

Hat to go with the baby dress I made-dress-hat-jpg

I have attached the picture of the hat to go with the dress I made. It looks kind of cute together. I don't know how long a baby will keep a hat on her head.

Spoula

2. Likes karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    Sweet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Spoula,
    Sweet
    Thanks Jean Marie,
    I have a question for you and some of the other ladies on this forum. I made my own stiffener as I didn't want to use glue or chemical substance for a baby. What I used worked really well (cornstarch and water) but on the inside it is rough and may scratch her head. She doesn't have a lot of hair. I tried brushing it and I didn't want to put fabric inside as it took away from the pinwheel design. Do you have any suggestion?

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=spoula;196451]Thanks Jean Marie,
    I have a question for you and some of the other ladies on this forum. I made my own stiffener as I didn't want to use glue or chemical substance for a baby. What I used worked really well (cornstarch and water) but on the inside it is rough and may scratch her head. She doesn't have a lot of hair. I tried brushing it and I didn't want to put fabric inside as it took away from the pinwheel design. Do you have any suggestion?

Spoula[/QUOTE

What if you lined it with polyester fiberfill? That's soft. I hope she's not allergic to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jean Marie;196476]
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Thanks Jean Marie,

Spoula[/QUOTE

What if you lined it with polyester fiberfill? That's soft. I hope she's not allergic to it.
    Thanks Jean Marie
    What is polyester fiberfill? Is it thick or colored like the felt samples? I have never used the spray stiffener or any other one maybe it is softer when it dries. Have you ever used the store products? Since my hat was starched with water and corn starch it would be easy to wash and try again. There are so many new craft ideas and new products on the market today I am not up to date. Old lady that I am.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi spoula! Perhaps you could ask at a fabric store. JoAnn's might be able to point you to a product or idea. My local store is very helpful. You did a beautiful job on the dress and hat. Happy Stitching-imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Hi spoula! Perhaps you could ask at a fabric store. JoAnn's might be able to point you to a product or idea. My local store is very helpful. You did a beautiful job on the dress and hat. Happy Stitching-imalefty
    Hello Imalefty, Thanks for the good suggestion.
    I think I solved the problem as I saw my grand-baby yesterday and tried on the hat. The hat fits fine on her head and with the brim of the hat sticking out it didn't touch her face so it would work. She smiled when I put it on her head and then reached up and pulled it off. I don't think she will keep it on. The good thing is if her mother wants to she can wash or wet the hat and it will become a nice soft hat again like a stocking cap.

Thanks to all who replied to this forum.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=spoula;196495]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post

Thanks Jean Marie
    What is polyester fiberfill? Is it thick or colored like the felt samples? I have never used the spray stiffener or any other one maybe it is softer when it dries. Have you ever used the store products? Since my hat was starched with water and corn starch it would be easy to wash and try again. There are so many new craft ideas and new products on the market today I am not up to date. Old lady that I am.
    Spoula
    Hi Spoula,
    Polyester fiberfill is like cotton. You can get it at a craft store.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is so gorgeous! Purple is my favorite color too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty, she is going to look very pretty in that outfit.
    Gloria