Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Skip-stitch Blade???

Anybody ever heard of the skip-stitch blade? I was trying to figure out a way of crocheting around polar fleece and found a video on Youtube and through various searches came across the following website:

Skip-Stitch Products

It is a blade that you use in your 45mm rotary blade holder and it cuts regular spaced holes in several different mediums but specifically polar fleece. I had an idea to make a baby blanket and one of the videos showed a very time consuming method of punching holes with a needle then widening it with a crochet hook... the skip-stitch blade does in about a minute what the other method takes about an hour or more to do... can't wait to get them (I ordered 2) and try them out...Oh No...another project!!!...beviboo (beverly)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

This looks like a really cool product! You will have to let us know how it works out!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never heard of this but it sounds like it could be quite useful! I think you could use it crochet a border on plain pillowcases, etc. Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like
    My grandma used to sew a blanket stitch around flannel or polar fleece and it was quite pretty. This is an idea to expand on the idea with crocheted edgings. I love it. Another project for my bucket list. Mirrohero

Post Thanks / Like
    Believe me, if you are doing any sort of edgings on fleece blankets, you'll wonder how you ever managed without a skip stitch blade!

When I started doing blankets for Project Linus many years ago, the skip stitch blade wasn't around so we used to use a Fiskers punch to punch the holes. Very hard on the hands, not to mention time consuming as well.

With a Skip stitch blade on your rotary cutter, you can have blankets ready to put edgings on in a matter of minutes rather than hours.

And they work on just about any kind of materials as well. I've used mine on leather, fleece and flannel so far.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you verymuch crochetgal. So glad you agreed with my idea of a new project. I shall get to it soon as this is easy summer time work (no brainer stuff) so I can visit as well. Appreciate you input. Mirrohero

Post Thanks / Like
    The first few photos here
    Project Linus - a set on Flickr

will show you how I used the Skip stitch blade on a fleece blanket edging.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you again crochetgal. the blanket was a great example of even stitching from those precise even holes. I like it. Mirro Hero