Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Challenging and Fun

Hi! I teach chrochet at local Senior Center and find it challenging and fun! Often ladies from my church give me yarn which I share and keep some and put some in storage for future classes and students. We each have projects going as well as doing baby caps for local hospital. Also belong to Central Florida Chrochet Assoc. and do lap robes for charities and Winter Haven Hospital as well as Boggy Creek. Also do chemo caps and babygams. Keeps me busy. Been chrocheting 43 years but still learning new things. Latest was chrockadile stitch. Did white shawl, then small 3 rounds and up to decorate chemo caps, etc. Looks like feathers. Hurts hands to do long periods as has to turn to do each pedal or whatever you want to call them. Are you'all learning that one? Janice S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janice! And welcome! With all that charity work you do, do you have time to eat and sleep?!!! You certainly are a busy woman! I haven't tried the crocodile stitch yet but do have some patterns I would like to try! I crochet toys, dolls, and games for children. I am only 58 and my hands hurt if I crochet too long too! I guess it's somethibng we have to put up with for the sake of our craft! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is great to have you here! I have not tried the crocodile stitch, but think it looks great! I have recently tried the tunisan stitch, though. Glad to hear of all the work you are doing to help others! Enjoy your time here in the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janice..welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janice, welcome.