Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aloha from Iowa

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Aloha from Iowa

Aloha,

I'm a stay-at-home Mom living in NW Iowa but originally from Western Pennsylvania (GO STEELERS!!!). I have 2 boys - 21 & 10 and I've been married for almost 24 years (Oct. 1993). One of my sisters taught me to crochet many years ago but I've picked the craft back up about 2 years ago. I've made a couple baby blankets, many hats of different sizes, a couple prayer shawls, dishcloths, and scarves just to name a few.

I'm a U.S. Navy Veteran (was only in for about 3-4 years, got out early when Slick Willy was President and he offered early out for the military to reduce the number of troops) and my husband is a Navy Veteran too (we met stationed about the same command while stationed in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii). We currently live in the town in Iowa that he was born.

I'm currently crocheting some "Flower Coasters" from www.1dogwoof.com/flower-coasters-pattern/ . I've recently completed an "Amazing Grace Prayer Shawl" for a cousin of mine who is battling IBC (Inflammatory Breast Cancer) an extremely rare and very aggressive form of Breast Cancer. She was first diagnosed in June 2015 and she's gone through all the chemo treatments and radiation, etc., and in the last few weeks it was discovered that the cancer is now in her lungs and she's at Stage 4. On Feb. 15th, she'll be going to one of the John Hopkins centers to help find a cure or a way to ease her pain until God decides to call her home.

I look forward to maybe making some new online friends that share a great hobby (crocheting) with me and learning some new tips and tricks for crocheting and discovering some new patterns.

Take care and God Bless. Hope all of you have a wonderful and blessed day!!!

2. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm also new to this forum AND from Iowa. I'm in eastern Iowa, but my mom and most of my family are in NW Iowa. I did pink ribbon pins for a few breast cancer benefits awhile back and started making them for my family to wear in support of my Aunt. The ones I did were super simple and I just glued a pin on the back and a crystal to the center on the front to give them a little bling. This was a good motivator/reminder for me to finish the ones for my family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to Crochet Talk! Nice to meet you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jennz,
    Welcome.