Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to introduce myself

Hello everyone. I read the crochet newsletter often, but haven't posted in a long time. Therefore, let me reintroduce myself. My name is Carla. I have three grown children. I live in Kansas. I've been knitting for a little over a year, and have crocheted over 15 years. Up until 2 years ago when I discovered YouTube, I really had no clue just how much I did not know about crochet. I find it challenging to read crochet patterns unless written out in words. (One of my goals is to one day be able to read crochet patterns) I am technologically challenged, and find it difficult to find my way around most sites, and therefore, rarely post. It takes me a while, so please be patient. I do look at all your pictures posted and must say just how much I admire all of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! It is nice to meet you! I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to Crochet Talk! Nice to meet you! Thanks for joining us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Barbara G. I see you here quite often. And kl1000, I have done filet crochet in the past but find following the pattern with all the squares difficult because the squares are so small. I have so many projects I want to do, along with all my other crafts that I engage in such as : sketching in regular lead and colored pencils, painting in various mediums like: water color paints, oil paints, and acrylics, cross stitch and embroidery, it's difficult to find the time needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from PA. There is always here who will help you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla584167 View Post
    Hello everyone. I read the crochet newsletter often, but haven't posted in a long time. Therefore, let me reintroduce myself. My name is Carla. I have three grown children. I live in Kansas. I've been knitting for a little over a year, and have crocheted over 15 years. Up until 2 years ago when I discovered YouTube, I really had no clue just how much I did not know about crochet. I find it challenging to read crochet patterns unless written out in words. (One of my goals is to one day be able to read crochet patterns) I am technologically challenged, and find it difficult to find my way around most sites, and therefore, rarely post. It takes me a while, so please be patient. I do look at all your pictures posted and must say just how much I admire all of you.
    Hi Carla! I'm glad you wrote to us. It's nice to meet you! Youtube videos have really opened up a whole new world to crochet haven't they? It's amazing to see all the possibilities!
    I have a hard time following patterns too so youtube has become my best friend. Lol.
    My name is Missy. I live in West Virginia. I'm blessed with a wonderful husband who (thank goodness) supports my yarn and crochet addiction. I have three grown step-daughters and a 7 year old daughter. We are expecting our first grandson in February.
    I teach children's class at my church and I also homeschool my 7 year old. I'm constantly busy and never feel like there's enough time in a day to accomplish anything. Lol!
    <<~| Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. |~>>

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome Carla.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jean Marie and Missy.
    Missy, I know your pain. My daughter home schooled her children for the first few years. Then they moved to a better school district (it's suppose to be the best in the Kansas City area) and her children decided they wanted to try public schooling. Of course she complied, and each are doing splendid. But when she was engaged in home schooling, my daughter was always running on gas fumes. She never seemed to have enough time or energy to get get things done.
    But as mothers, we are all challenged for time whether we work outside the home or not. I use to work 70 to 80 hours a week outside the home, as well as, being responsible for keeping the house clean, grocery shopping, cooking meals, and all things regarding the children: homework, doctors appointments, parent teacher conferences, ect... My husband refused to do anything he regarded as women's work, and still does. The old saying (a woman's work is never done) still holds true. However, I do believe it's getting better with the passage of time. Men now a days are more involved in household chores and helping around the house. Example: my daughter married a man who goes out of his way to help her with the children, cooking, and with house work. She married her childhood sweetheart which she met in 2nd grade.
    And I guess congratulation are in order Missy, on your expectant grandchild. My daughter, my granddaughter, and myself are all February babies. Aquarians are suppose to be very curious and creative, so get ready to chase those running feet of your grandson around the house. Children are truly a blessing from God.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Do you have a cat? I have 6 birds...
    Have a good day
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello kl1000,
    No. I don't have any cats, but have two spoiled rotten chihuahuas who have their own personality. The male's name is Bandit, but I should have named him Groucho because he growls at everything, except when you offer him a blanket. In fact, he will beg you for the blanket if you don't offer him one right away. The other is Bandits daughter and her name is M&M. She loves everyone and is always the first one to welcome people into our home.