Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Granny Ripple Blanket

One of my current projects. A granny ripple blanket. It's a gift for my sister. She loves bright colors. The orange will be the last color before starting again with the pink. Any ideas on a nice border for this?

Granny Ripple Blanket-image-jpg

<<~| Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. |~>>

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually put a sc border around any of the ripples that I do, it just finishes it off nicely without taking away from the afghan itself. I sometimes do two rows of sc or even one row of dc crochet around it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is pretty and colorful
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    I usually put a sc border around any of the ripples that I do, it just finishes it off nicely without taking away from the afghan itself. I sometimes do two rows of sc or even one row of dc crochet around it.
    Thank you! I think a single would be great. I'm like you. I don't want to take away from the look of the blanket. A single would do the trick.
    <<~| Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. |~>>

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. My sister is such a bright person. She lights up a room. I think this will suit her. She's calling it her "blanket of many colors".
    I'm a much more toned down version of her. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is really nice. She will love it.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I crochet something for someone, I always "crochet in" lots of prayers for that person. Your sister's "blanket of many colors" is like Dolly Parton's "coat of many colors". Her mama put prayers and love into every stitch, and you can too. You sound like a wonderful Christian lady and I admire your work.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    When I crochet something for someone, I always "crochet in" lots of prayers for that person. Your sister's "blanket of many colors" is like Dolly Parton's "coat of many colors". Her mama put prayers and love into every stitch, and you can too. You sound like a wonderful Christian lady and I admire your work.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥♥
    My sister LOVES Dolly. ❤️
    I appreciate your kind words and it's a beautiful idea! Love it. Will definitely do that!