Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Soapy Owl Dishcloth

Has anyone made the soapy owl dishcloth that is presented in 25 fun dishcloths? I am on the making of the head and i do not understand the part where it says

2sc in each of 1st 3sc.
    I don't know what that means by 1st?

Could someone please explain this to me?

Thank you!

2. Likes Boyer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are working on the circle for the head, it means 2sc in every 3rd stitch. So you will 2sc in a stitch, skip 2 stitches, 2sc. in the next all around. this increases the circle and lets it lay flat.

4. Thanks Jammie, Susan2014 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you made this before? I guess I'm confused as to why it was written

2sc in each 1st 3sc, instead of 2sc, sk 2... or something like that. I am somewhat new to crocheting and reading these things. So is this just a different way of saying skip 2 then sc? Thank YOU for your response and Help

6. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, just a different way. I have found that people write patterns in different words. It seems to be what makes sense to them. I have not made this pattern, but some other owl patterns. So you 2 sc into the 1st stitch of the row, then skip 2 stitches, 2 sc into the next, continue around. In the next row, you will probably find it tell you to so the same using 2 sc into the 1st stitch, then skip 3 stitches. Keep it up, crocheting is fun, even when you are frogging (ripping it out) a dozen times, the end is a big reward. Good luck.

8. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good day jammie, hope your owl is coming along. It makes sence to me, I will try it later today. Love dishcloths etc & Owls. Dnt give up & try your way & if it looks ok thats ok then. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe they are saying crochet 2 single crochets in the first 3 crochets. They worded it funny.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh my gosh, I just reread what I wrote. I should have said, 2sc. in the 1st stitch, then 1sc in the next 2 stitches, then 2 sc in the next stitch, then 1 sc in the next 2 stitches, continue around like that. Sorry I misstated it before, hope you were able to figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are making a circle, the post from Lissacc is absolutely correct. If you're making an oval, it would be the 2 sc Ins the first 3 sc's then a single crochet in each until you add 2 sc to 3 more sc's on the opposite side of the work. I've tried to search the pattern to help more, but was unable to locate it. I'm sorry if this is more confusing and not helpful. Don't give up! Most of what I've learned has been from trial and error . Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: oval

I am making and oval, and I just feel i shouldn't skip any stitches. What you say sounds correct. I finished the oval and it didn't look exact but pretty darn close. I don't think I counted some of the stitches correctly because the last round, around the oval where some tr stitches are, aren't where they should be. So yes, it is trial and error.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I feel you are correct. That is the only instance the wording of what i said is used. The rest of the pattern says next or following, not 1st or different kind of wording.