Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Learning New Crochet Stitches: How To Crochet Foundation Single Crochet Stitch

Learn how to create a foundation chain. Today's tutorial is using the Single Crochet Method.
    Learn how to transform ordinary chains into foundation chains. This is a very useful stitch to learn to eliminate the long chain.

Take some time to practice and let us know how you did!!

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love this. Looks better on finished piece. TY Barbara for sharing.

Susan2014

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the New Stitch for January?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hello Jean - I am actually going to post another basic beginning thread here shortly. Also, I will be posting the new sign ups for granny squares too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean,

Since the first ones are really basic, I will probably post once a week to begin with. Then, I will probably post every other week until we get to the harder stitches.

How does that sound?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,

That probably would be good but if we're working on other projects we might not get to trying the stitch for a few days or for a week or so; so if it's a stitch that we might not know then every other week would be good to start and then maybe once a month but I did see some videos today on the extended single crochet and the twisted single and double crochet, etc. (which wouldn't take much to learn) and I put it on one of the posts. The Grit stitch isn't too hard and the Star stitch is a bit harder. Some stitches will be easier for some than others.

But then again if it's a easy stitch someone might know the stitch or it would be easy to learn and they might be wondering what the next stitch is so every week would be good.

9. Thanks Barbara G., Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just watched the foundation chain video and it's a bit different. I thought it was after you had 2 loops on the hook you pulled yarn through one loop and then yarn over and pull through 2 loops - a foundation single crochet - so you are creating the chain and the first row - but like I said - this is different.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just watched the foundation chain video and it's a bit different. I thought it was after you had 2 loops on the hook you pulled yarn through one loop and then yarn over and pull through 2 loops - a foundation single crochet - so you are creating the chain and the first row - but like I said - this is different.
    As noted in the video, there are several ways to do this but this is considered by the author as the proper way. He also stated he does not always follow this particular method. It is good to know that there are several ways to have a similar result.

12. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love videos from The Crochet Crowd! Mickey is really good, in my opinion.

14. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You jean marie for sharing stitch's. Some are harder but keep trying star stitch is really Fun once you get it. Slow and easy (read over then read each step etc. TY

16. Likes Barbara G. liked this post