Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Crochet pattern with Bernart baby blanket yarn

Hello I am Bettybee. I am looking for different baby blanket pattern made with Abernathy baby blanket yarn. Can anyone help me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Here is a site with a few free patterns located under the yarn descriptions.

Yarnspirations

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, Bettybee. This may not be what people typically recommend but I have found that you can use any pattern you like that calls for the bulky baby blanket yarn or not, just be adjusting the size of your crochet hook or knitting needles upwards. When using Bernat baby blanket yarn I typically use a size N crochet hook or size 13 knitting needles. It will make the blanket larger than the dimensions given on the directions but I have not found that to be a problem and I have made 7 blankets since mid-September. This can also be used to make adult size blankets from baby patterns if you really like the pattern, which I did for my niece's bridal shower last October - I made it 7 feet long for her 6 ft 6 in fiance. Since I have been knitting and crocheting for almost 60 years, I am not afraid to try this kind of thing and it usually works out well.
    They do also have some very pretty patterns on Yarnspirations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you I had not thought of it like that but I believe this is the best suggestions I have heard thanks so much will let you know how it turns out I have 3 blankets to do I did 3 baby blankets with the Bernart blanket yarn for babies and to me they felt Toni heavy. I made the same kind for my grand baby that was 4 for ore-k she loves it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also tried making a messy bun hat with the bernat baby blanket yarn and it was a quick hit. I used an L hook.