Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Talking This is new!! Help is needed! :-)

Hi All! I'm new to posting! I am a beginner at crocheting! I could use help with counting and learning more with what the abbreviations and symbols. If anyone is willing to help please do so. Since I am bad at counting I make up my stuff as I go. I've attached a picture of a horrible hand towel that I made. My gramma taught me to crochet at 7-8 years old and I am just picking it up again at 38.. so no picking fun of me :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images This is new!! Help is needed! :-)-20161217_091159-1-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jammie, you are not going all the way to the end of your work you really don't have to count all you have to do is go to the end of the last row and put your turning stitch in there. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    That helps, but I don't know how to tell I am at the end. When I'm at the end, I have a curve if you will, then I don't know how many 'extra' ch to make, as I said, I'm not the greatest at reading the patterns, so I do what I can. It's not horrible. But the end throws me. As I don't know which exact stitch is the very last one. So what happens is I choose the wrong one and then eventually look at it, and WA LA.. Not good.. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets say your turning ch is a ch3 put a pin in the last ch and when you get back to the pin that is where you put your next turning ch.Then remove pin and do the same on the next row until you get the hang of it. Good luck!

5. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Repeating

That's a great idea! But if it only says ch1 turn then sc in sc which one is my last one? If I've only ch1? Sorry but the end and turning are the most confusing for me ...I'll get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be in the top of the ch1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jammie,
    On row 1 you always crochet in the second chain from the hook so if you chained 41 you will have 40 stitches across the row.

sc is single crochet
    dc is double crochet
    hdc is half double crochet
    tr is triple crochet

You might want to use a counter. A counter keeps track of your rows or you can use it to keep track of how many stitches you did or need to do.
    I'm not sure what you mean by symbols.

9. Likes Jammie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Pa. Good to have you with us. I have crocheted for over 40 years. If you need help there is always someone here to help you