Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newbie from NJ!

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie from NJ!

Hello, My name is Amy and I am new to Crochet talk. Looking forward to learning anything re: crocheting! I love to share fun patterns and can't wait to get started!

Post Thanks / Like
    Amy,

Hello and welcome to the group! It is great to have you here! Looking forward to hearing more about your crochet adventures!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Amy! And welcome! What type of things do you like to crochet? Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Amy. I am Larisa - do you make doilies?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't make doilies but it is something I would love to try! I started crocheting when I was young. I had one Grandmother who knit and one who would crochet. They both taught me the basics but I am much better at crocheting than knitting! I remember as a kid I would just make chain after chain after chain! I am big on homemade gifts and have many young nieces and nephews as well as a 12 year old son. I started looking up patterns and taught myself how to read them. Went from scarfs to hats to slippers then ventured into baby sweaters & booties and now I am making all the girls ponchos! I am always looking for something fun to make as a gift and just started selling a few items at craft shows or by word of mouth! I would love to find a good mitten pattern! The last one I made came out looking like an oven mitt! LOL! A cute little girls jumper would be something I would like to make too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh!! You sond great. I respect people who can learn and make nice things!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa, I see 2 pictures of doilies did you make them? They are amazing!!! I have never made anything with such a tiny hook! Where are you from in Eastern Europe? My son is from Northern Ossetia!

Post Thanks / Like
    Amy! All doilies which are shown here are made by myself. I live in Urkaine. Right now I look for 2 nice doily patterns