Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Searching For A Lost Cause

I'm looking for a hail Mary longshot here. A friend of mine pinned something on Pintrest, and I really love it. The problem is it's a dead link. It's for a pattern called Autumn Leaves Strip by Rosetta Harsman. It was published in what is apparently the now defunct Crochet Home magazine, number 68 I believe. I am trying to find somewhere, anywhere I can buy back issues of this. Does anybody know where might be a good source?

Ravelry has some of her patterns, but not that particular one. Amazon has it listed but unavailable. Ebay only has one issue of the magazine, but not the right issue. Etsy has a listing for 10 issues but none the right one. I tried googling the designer herself, and only turned up an obituary for someone by that name.

You see now why it's a lost cause, needle in a haystack, hail Mary here? If anyone knows where to find this pattern I would really appreciate the help. It's a gorgeous afghan, and well worth the trouble to find it I'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Did you look on this page? When I searched the name you posted, it came up with a possible lead to purchase the book.

Leisure Arts Leaflets

Post Thanks / Like
    I might have this issue.. trying to find my copy so give me a few days to get back to let you know I found it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mellie,
    http://crochettalk.com/buy-sell-trad...-magazine.html

You might want to talk to Charlie. I don't know how many magazines they have. Charlie is on the above website. click on the words in purple

It looks like you can buy the magazine.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 12-09-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

autumn lace

Quote Originally Posted by Mellie Hardy View Post
    I'm looking for a hail Mary longshot here. A friend of mine pinned something on Pintrest, and I really love it. The problem is it's a dead link. It's for a pattern called Autumn Leaves Strip by Rosetta Harsman. It was published in what is apparently the now defunct Crochet Home magazine, number 68 I believe. I am trying to find somewhere, anywhere I can buy back issues of this. Does anybody know where might be a good source?

Ravelry has some of her patterns, but not that particular one. Amazon has it listed but unavailable. Ebay only has one issue of the magazine, but not the right issue. Etsy has a listing for 10 issues but none the right one. I tried googling the designer herself, and only turned up an obituary for someone by that name.

You see now why it's a lost cause, needle in a haystack, hail Mary here? If anyone knows where to find this pattern I would really appreciate the help. It's a gorgeous afghan, and well worth the trouble to find it I'm sure.
    Sorry to say.. i do not have this issue or that pattern.. i was able to get my copy of issue 47 and no the item listed in it is not the afghan you are wishing for.. my apologies for not getting back sooner...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi seeing this very late. Will leave a link just in case. crochet home magazine no 68 Susan2014 Inside Crochet - Issue 68 - 68, 2015 | Inside Crochet
    Last edited by Susan2014; 02-03-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: added on

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure what is being said here in regards to INSIDE CROCHET - issue 68.. I checked out the link and there is nothing in that issue in regards to afghan pattern AUTUMN LACE which was published in (1999) HOME CROCHET issue 68.. I am still trying to find a copy of this pattern and am now waiting for a reply from the library of congress which might have a copy in their files.. but yes I am still looking for this pattern, AUTUMN LACE which was published in HOME CROCHET MAGAZINE issue 68 - 1999. and noj, Inside crochet issue 68 is not correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sheila,
    On the post https://crochettalk.com/buy-sell-tra...-magazine.html, the last one that I posted - the last website on my post - Lacy Eyelet Crochet Blanket Pattern - might be the closest I've come to finding this pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    reading you posting, in one you say Crochet Home is magazine sought, another you say Home Crochet, would help if you would list correct name of mag. There was a Crochet Home mag, and if that is the one, I might be able to help you, and send a website of someone who could have this magazine. let me know if you still might want this?
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like

Smile crochet home magazine

the magazine is Crochet Home, issue #68 (1999) // Crochet Home Dec-Jan 1999 Number 68 Magazine //.
    I am wishing to make the item that is on the cover / Autumn lace Afghan (mile a minute).

Yes I am still wishing for it.. I will be happy to buy it // this issue or that pattern // . So any ideas.. PLMK..

Tks..

Quote Originally Posted by Shaddy View Post
    reading you posting, in one you say Crochet Home is magazine sought, another you say Home Crochet, would help if you would list correct name of mag. There was a Crochet Home mag, and if that is the one, I might be able to help you, and send a website of someone who could have this magazine. let me know if you still might want this?