Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a shell pattern

So I found this "free pattern". It had no written directions, just a chart written in another language. I could translate the language, but I still don't see how you start and how you go from row to row. I have a picture of the blanket too. I'm hoping by posting it here that someone might be able to help. It was simply called Crochet Stitch Shell Blanket. So I am attaching a screenshot of the chart and of the blanket. Looking for a shell pattern-img_1255-jpgLooking for a shell pattern-img_1257-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello - this is adorable! I have not worked with crochet charts, but some of our members have. So, hopefully someone will be along soon to help you. Do you have a link to the site so we can see a bigger picture of the diagram?

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately this was from someone in a Facebook group. I have tried sending her messages and she doesn't answer. I can't blow up the image anymore then it is. After studying it I can see where it starts, about 15 chains in. Then you chain 3 then chain 4 then double crochet I think. But the count is definitely in sets of 15. The only symbol that is really confusing me is the teardrop one. It looks like the back post double crochet is going behind it, so is it a chain that is being pulled up? I don't know. I did find it on this site too: How to make a point scale free pattern crochet. - C K Crafts

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had saved the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Hello - this is adorable! I have not worked with crochet charts, but some of our members have. So, hopefully someone will be along soon to help you. Do you have a link to the site so we can see a bigger picture of the diagram?
    My picture is actually bigger then the little picture on the page. I think I have figured out some of it as I found a site that translates the symbols for me. But I don't have time with Christmas stuff to finish. The best thing about the pictures I put up is they don't get as fuzzy when you enlarge them. If I get the real pattern down I will send you a copy of it.

6. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/250231323026027237/

You will find CROCHET SYMBOLS & DIRECTIONS CHARTS.

8. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a video here for a Beautiful Shells Blanket but it doesn't look the same although she shows you how to make the shells.
    Crochet baby blanket Free Patterns - C K Crafts

10. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This looks like it MyPicot | Free crochet patterns

Post Thanks / Like
    This shows you how to do the shell stitch
    How to Crochet a Shell Stitch - Illustrated Tutorial

Also, if you go to the post 'lapghans' and click on the pattern and look at the edging on the pattern - the edging is shell stitches.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 02-07-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like