Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

how do you do this stitch?

I found a beautiful pattern called Pulled Taffy Afghan. It is a beautiful afghan with a braided front but the instructions call for a move I'm not familiar with. after you chain 10 it says sl st through top and front post of last completed dc. I think it means front portion of top line and the front post but not sure...can anybody clarify this for me?

Post Thanks / Like

3. Thanks catbalou thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I wrote the term down wrong, got it straight this time...ch 10, sl st thru front and second bar of last completed dc...

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know but I just tried it and I guess the front and second bar of the dc is the 2nd loop. When you pull through 2 loops the first time for a dc wouldn't it be the loop on the right side? Anotherwords, after you completed a dc, wouldn't the 2 loops on the bottom of the dc (the one on the right of the 2 loops, the one at an angle) wouldn't that be the one you sl st into?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done a baby blanket before with a chain 10 every so often and in the next row you would pull the loop that the chain makes and pretend that that chain 10 is one huge stitch. On the next row, the chain 10 will be right above it and then you weave that through the current row. it Might have been a Jacob's Ladder in crochet.

7. Likes catbalou liked this post