Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question For Left Handed Crocheters

I thought people who are right handed crochet with their right hand and those who are left handed crochet with their left hand. I saw on you tube that Vanna White (on Wheel of Fortune) crochets with her left hand although she is right handed.

If someone is crocheting with their right hand and their arm/hand gets tired can they switch hands and crochet with their left hand in the middle of a project or would they have to decide which hand they want to crochet with before they start a project?

I'm right handed and don't know how to crochet left handed but would it be helpful for me to learn left hand crocheting so I can switch hands or since right handed crocheting is from right to left, is left handed crocheting left to right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie! Yes,lefties crochet left to right. So switching hands would not be advisable if you are working on a single piece. Doing squares it wouldn't matter. Going left to right can prove challenging with some patterns. Stick with your right hand. After all it's a right handed world! imalefty ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Hi Jean Marie! Yes,lefties crochet left to right. So switching hands would not be advisable if you are working on a single piece. Doing squares it wouldn't matter. Going left to right can prove challenging with some patterns. Stick with your right hand. After all it's a right handed world! imalefty ��
    Thank You.