Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is this correct

Post Thanks / Like

Is this correct

Hello everyone,

These are the instructions for the first 2 rows of a pattern I am working on:

Row 1: With white, ch 25, hdc in third ch from hook, hdc in each ch across, turn. (24 hdc made)
    Rows 2-12: Ch 2, hdc in next 6 sts, *front post hdc around next st, back post hdc around next st; repeat from * 4 more times, hdc in last 7 sts, turn.

According to my count, if I ch 25 and start my hdc in the third chain from the hook, I end up with 23 hdc's not 24. Is that correct or am I not counting correctly? For Row 2, I need 23 hdc's so that would seem to be correct and that it should read 23 instead of 24? I just need to hear from someone with more experience that I am correct!

Nancy McQuade

Post Thanks / Like
    On Row 1 - You're Right. If you chain 25 and start stitching in the 3rd chain from the hook you will end up w/23 stitches. You might want to chain 26 so you end up w/24 stitches.

But trying to figure out Row 2 , if you had 24 stitches to begin with then you would end up with 1 extra stitch. So either chain 25 and end up with 23 stitches so Row 2 will turn out right or Chain 26 ending up with 24 stitches and in Rows 2- 12 where it says hdc in last 7 stitches and add 1 more stitch or keep the 'hdc in last 7 sts' and instead of hdc in next 6 stitches like it says at the beginning of Row 2 - make it 7 sts instead.

I don't know what you're making but I would chain the 26 so I have 24 stitches and rows 2-12 would be even on both sides - ( hdc in next 7 sts at beginning and end of rows 2-12) Maybe you can contact the person who wrote the pattern? What are you making? a belt or a scarf?

Jean Marie

3. Thanks NancyMcQuade thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am making a little crochet hook holder!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nancy,
    Cool!