Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help Wanted

Post Thanks / Like

Help Wanted

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to crocheting and having issues with a Chevron Pattern.
    The woman in a video is saying her particular pattern calls for a multiple of 25 + 5
    For the life of me, I cannot remember if I indeed add the 5.
    However, I'm almost at the end of a row and now notice that I have only 5 remaining. Would it be safe to say I did not add these at the beginning? Is there away to add 5 more without ripping the whole thing out again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Multiples of 25 plus 5 would be 30, or(2x25) 50 plus 5 would be 55, etc. I am not that experienced and do not know the Chevron Pattern. Depends on your last stitch, which may have been sc2 You will have to play with it, the sc2 should be a sc3, so slip stitch into last sc, add sc in that same stitch and then continue, or you may have to work backwards from the end
    Easier to take another piece of yarn and chain 30 do first row to 25,turn, do the 25, turn and do 25, then figure out how to do the additional 5. confusing..but try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lmassey892 View Post
    Multiples of 25 plus 5 would be 30, or(2x25) 50 plus 5 would be 55, etc. I am not that experienced and do not know the Chevron Pattern. Depends on your last stitch, which may have been sc2 You will have to play with it, the sc2 should be a sc3, so slip stitch into last sc, add sc in that same stitch and then continue, or you may have to work backwards from the end
    Easier to take another piece of yarn and chain 30 do first row to 25,turn, do the 25, turn and do 25, then figure out how to do the additional 5. confusing..but try.
    Thank You for answering! I'll have to figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Imassey,
    If you didn't add 5 more at the beginning you probably have to frog it or rip it rip it. Unless you can chain 5 more at the end (if needed) but I don't think that will work. You can always try though.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to say it but it would be bet to take it out an start fresh so it looks good. I doubt you'll be happy with the results if you don't and you'll just have to tear more out. I know how you feel I'm working on an afghan for my daughter and one of the blocks I just couldn't get and I have crocheted for many yrs I can't tell you how many times I've torn things out and left a mistake in and then ended up tearing more out and thought why didn't I just tear it out from the beginning. Good luck and don't despair you'll be fine. Sue