Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

My progress since breaking my wrist...

My Home Visiting Nurses is over and I'm taking care of myself now. I have started rehab for my hand and wrist.
    I want to do my crafts so bad. I can't crochet yet but am trying to do some plastic canvas. I can't get my thumb and pointer finger together very well. But I am trying very hard to do it even if it hurts. Today I was able to make a fist and that hurts!. I was able to make a fist by myself but it doesn't stay very long. My fingers are pretty well frozen stiff. It is taking time to get them to work right.
    I managed to thread a yarn needle after several attempts. I learned to take the eye-end of the needle and fray the end of the yarn with the needle. Then I finally can fold the frayed part over the eye and then place the needle eye over the folded part and draw the yarn thru the eye! I finally have a threaded needle!!
    I hope I can post pictures of the frayed end of yarn and show what I have accomplished so far .
    I am trying to make a picture frame of plastic canvas. After I have finished the border I will cut out the center part and place another square of plastic canvas behind it and stitch the edges together and cut a piece of cardboard, place it inside that pocket of plastic and put a picture inside in front of the cardboard. I will also fashion a stand on the back so the frame can be stood up. This pic shows where I have reached the center of a side where there has to be a different stitch in the space where there isn't room for the regular ones.
    Now I will try to post the pictures if I can. Please continue to pray for me that my hand will be well soon. Thanks for all the prayers. XOXOXO! Patty/redheadMy progress since breaking my wrist...-scan-jpg

2. Likes karenlatlas, Nova55, Susan2014, AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're in my Thoughts and Prayers Patty.

4. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, hope you heal fully

6. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful colors! You are in my prayers. God's speed for your healing and being able to do the crafts of all kinds.

Heidi89