Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Guess What?

Post Thanks / Like

Guess What?

If you crochet the granny square and have a small square and start again on one corner so you have a square ( small or large, any size) plus one corner (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc - I know you probably know how to do this but so you know I meant all the stitches in the corner) and then start turning the rows for a kite string, you would have a kite.

If you put the stitches (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in 2 corners It looks like a piece of bread or toast or a phone or tablet - maybe not a phone.

2. Likes NannaD, Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    could you post a picture of what you're describing?

Post Thanks / Like
    O.K. I'll have to make it first. It'll be a little bit. Thanks, I was wondering what to make next.

5. Likes karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    One more to make and then I'll post pictures.

7. Thanks karenlatlas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pictures

A Hot Air Balloon
    Attachment 15108Attachment 15109Attachment 15110Attachment 15111

To Make Hot Air Balloon
    ch.5 or make a magic circle. If chaining, sl st in 1st ch to make ring. chain 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc; repeat til you have 4 sets of 3 dc. ch 2 and sl st in the top of the ch 3 and sl st (including doing a sl st in the corner space) to the corner and then ch 3, 2 dc, then turn your work as if you were crocheting rows. Pull up a loop to the height of the dc and dc in the 1st stitch and in the next stitch and in the top of the ch stitch. Turn. Pull up loop to height of dc ( instead of chaining) and dc in 1st two sts and dc in the sp by the loop on the end. Turn. Pull up a loop to the height of the dc (instead of chaining) and dc in 1st two sts and in sp by the loop on the end that you made on the previous row when making the 1st dc. Cut yarn and pull through loop. Do this on all 4 sides except when you finish on the 4th side Do Not cut the yarn but ch 8 or 10 or however many you would like (I chained 10). The chains will go between the dc strips you just made. Make chains to go between all the dc strips so you have 4 dc strips and 4 chains. This is the Hot Air Balloon. Sew all points together on the top.

The basket is the 2 rows of a basic granny square. Row 1- 4 sets of 3 dc with ch 2 between and ch 2 before sl stitching. sl st to corner and crochet row 2 with ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in the corner sp and repeat in all 4 corners (I'm pretty sure that's what I did on row 2). Then sew together for your basket. Decide which side of the Hot Air Balloon you want to be the top and attach yarn for strings from the bottom of the Hot Air Balloon to the basket and tie a piece of yarn around the strings to hold them together and then tie a piece of yarn on the top for hanging.

You might have another way of making a Hot Air Balloon but this is the way I made it.

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures

A Hot Air Balloon
    Guess What?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-012-jpgGuess What?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-013-jpgGuess What?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-014-jpgGuess What?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-015-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    An Angel, A Kite and the peach one is just something I did. If you put the head and arms of the angel through the loop it will look like the 2nd picture by the book.

Guess What?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-016-jpgGuess What?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-017-jpgTo make the Angel: Make 4 sets of 3 dc w/a ch 2 between the sets of double crochets-like the start of a granny square. sl st to corner an ch 3, 2 dc turn and dc until her dress is as long as you want. Instead of chaining at the beginning of a row you can pull up a loop to the height of a dc and dc in 1st stitch, etc. like I mention in How To Make A Hot Air Balloon. When the dress is as long as you want then Don't Cut Yarn but make a chain as long as you want and sl st on the other side and end off. for the arms I did a hdc.

11. Likes karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had thought I just had one more picture but I kept making something else using the granny square before I finally crocheted the one I was going to do. You'll see. I'll post more pics soon.

13. Likes karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    a telephoneGuess What?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-022-jpgGuess What?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-021-jpg a heartGuess What?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-025-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess What?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-019-jpgGuess What?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-020-jpg a plane or a birdGuess What?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-023-jpgwingsGuess What?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-024-jpg bread or toastGuess What?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-018-jpg

The 1st two pics are done with 2 rnds. of dc sts - like a granny square. After last row don't cut yarn but start another granny square starting with the ch 5 or a magic circle.

For the basket on the Hot Air Balloon, I crocheted each square and cut the yarn and pulled loop through to tighten or finish it. I might've done just 1 rnd.-the 4 sets of 3 dc and then sewed it together. I'm pretty sure that I just did one rnd.

16. Likes karenlatlas liked this post