Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Repeats in a pattern

I often am confused about pattern repeats and this is one of them. After Rnd 4 I have no idea what to repeat! Help!Attachment 15077

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nancy! I think I can help,at least I will try. After 1hdc in same st there should be an asterisk. You would repeat what is between the asterisks. In Row 5 that would be 1 hdc in next 3 sts,2 hdc in next st. It looks like the asterisk is missing in Rows 5 thru 15. In those rows the repeat starts after 1 hdc in same st. Please post if this helps. Good Luck! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Because I didn't think the pattern designer would get back to me quickly, I posted my question on the board as well as contacting her. She did reply quickly and you are spot on - the asterisks are missing. You certainly are fantastic at interpreting a pattern, even when there is a typo. I guess that is what experience does for you. I thought to myself "Wonder if that is a mistake" but am too much of a novice to plunge ahead! Thank you for your reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Thanks for the compliment and for letting me know I was right. Makes me feel happy. Hope you have no more problems with your project! imalefty