Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Dish cloths

Post Thanks / Like

Dish cloths

What is the best stitch when crocheting dish cloths in order to get the best texture and "scrubbieness"?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to use half double crochet, but using acrylic knitting yarn is also good for scrubbiness, but it doesn't have the absorbency that cotton does. Try some for yourself. If you are like me, I only keep the 'oddball' items for myself. Rarely do I use for myself a 'perfect' gift type item. I just can't seem to ravel and redo them. Teaching items of mistakes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ1987 View Post
    What is the best stitch when crocheting dish cloths in order to get the best texture and "scrubbieness"?
    I like the half double crochet, slip stitch pattern. Use an even number of chains and alternate the half double crochet and slip stitch on each row.

5. Likes GramaKate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Will try that!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry I had both knees surgery. Right now in a slow recovery and therapy. Very painful both total knee repair.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made a couple using cotton thread with nylon netting. The netting can be cut into strips and tied together to make a "yarn" which can then be crocheted or knitted into a dish cloth . Any simple stitch can be used. Single crochet will make a nice tight fabric. You may have to go up a hook size to accommodate the nylon or even use a double crochet.

9. Likes misskitty287 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I just finished "Making Dish Cloths". I used Red Heart Scrubby Yarn & a "I" Hook" I Found the Free Pattern on Red Heart Site. I bought Lemon & White, It Took about 30 Mintues. Very Easy & Fast!! You need at least 2 colors as the yarn is thin. The Yarn is Mildew & Mold Proff.
    You can also use/make your own Pattern. The yarn is very light weight. For the first one I just Crocheted back & forth to get used to the Yarn. Since Then, I"ve make Lots. First one was for me! It cleaned out the coffee cups and counter tops. I added a little dish soap, rinced it out, WOW, The Dish Cloth was "Dry". You can also get The "Scrubby Yarn" at Amazon. You Can Also "KNIT WITH THIS YARN"
    Vickat
    Last edited by vickat; 07-25-2016 at 07:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I just finished "Making Dish Cloths". I used Red Heart Scrubby Yarn & a "I" Hook" I Found the Free Pattern on Red Heart Site. I bought Lemon & White, It Took about 30 Mintues. Very Easy & Fast!! You need at least 2 colors as the yarn is thin. The Yarn is Mildew & Mold Proff.
    You can also use/make your own Pattern. The yarn is very light weight. For the first one I just Crocheted back & forth to get used to the Yarn. Since Then, I"ve make Lots. First one was for me! It cleaned out the coffee cups and counter tops. I added a little dish soap, rinced it out, WOW, The Dish Cloth was "Dry". You can also get The "Scrubby Yarn" at Amazon.
    Vickat
    If you have any questions, Please Fill Free To contact me by E - Mail
    This Was Fun To Make & Use as Gifts.
    Last edited by vickat; 07-25-2016 at 06:50 AM. Reason: you can also Knit them

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi AJ1987,
    I recently made my Dad some dishcloths. On one dishcloth I used the linked double crochet. On another dishcloth I used the Tunisian Knit Stitch. On two of the dishcloths I used the Grayscale pattern. Don't know how it worked for doing dishes.

Grayscale Beginner's Crochet Dishcloth | AllFreeCrochet.com

Ever So Dishcloth Crochet Pattern - Rescued Paw Designs