Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Trying a differnt pattern

It's not hard except when you get back around to just before the beginning and have to do the few remaining stitches before joining it looks like you have to skip a stitch but someone asked that and she said that she doesn't skip a stitch and she joins in the chain 1. I thought maybe the stitch that looks like a skipped stitch was the slip stitch where you join but I don't think so. I made 1 - 6 inch square with this pattern and got lost/ didn't know what row I was on but knew how to do the pattern cause each row is the same except for a couple extra stitches. I thought maybe the 2nd time around doing the pattern it would work better if I knew what row I was on but when I get all the way around except for the last few stitches it looks like I'm skipping a stitch.

The last sentence above I would've ended it after the word 'on' but I don't think you're supposed to end a sentence with a preposition. I don't know.

The pattern is the No Holes Sc Square

Family, Books and Crochet...Oh My!: The "No Holes" Sc Square - Free Pattern
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 06-07-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it would work better if I didn't slip stitch at the end of each row. It's 3 stitches on the corners and every row 2 more stitches. I finished doing all the rows and I'm either going to have to wet it so it can stretch or crochet more stitches to make it a 6 inch. This is the 2nd one I did. Oh well, I'll figure something out.