Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

How to ......HELP !!

Any ideas about how I go about separating 2 separate strands of yarn that I made into a ball??
    Originally, I was Knitting a babies blanket then, decided I didn't like it and decided to crotchet it.the problem Is now, I have all this usable yarn but only need a single strand. Is this impossible to separate ?
    Me and my brilliant ideas!

Post Thanks / Like
    hey talazer----been there done that---what i did was put in a basket roll one color for a while then the other so you have 2 balls going at the same time if there is another way i dont know about it lulu12

3. Likes PhoenixNakia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    hey tlazer i got a better solution ---have a friend roll one ball while you are rolling the other its called team workl lol

5. Likes karenlatlas, PhoenixNakia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    lulu, that's exactly what I do. If your friend isn't a "yarn person" make sure she doesn't roll it too tight. Start out with a long end and hold it in the palm of your hand while rolling the ball. Then when you want to use it, you'll have a yarn ball that pulls from the middle.

Char

7. Likes Susan2014, PhoenixNakia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a video.

9. Likes Susan2014, PhoenixNakia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Jean Marie!

Char

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did this very thing 2 days ago. What I ran into though, was the twisting so awfully bad. I wound one ball a little at a time, then switched to the other ball and wound it until I got back to where there were still two strands together. I did it while watching TV, and what a time I had with it wanting to wind back up on itself ! I ended up simply separating the double strand and putting one strand on each side of my chair until I had it all separated, then wound each strand length into its own ball. Went ahead that night and made a toddler size hat. Lucked out, because I had just enough with attaching the two strands to get the hat made, and none to speak of to spare.
    I make caps each year to donate to children's hospitals. I use my scrap yarns to make Preemie Caps, but the larger caps I think I will donate to St. Jude's this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love this idea. I am in the same predicament as Talzer.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean Marie for the video!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone ! I did have my cousin help me make two separate balls originally but, as we were pulling, the yarns fiber started creating a huge knot. What I mean it the fibers were clumping up on the strands and we could no longer continue with rolling the balls

15. Thanks the hook and I thanked for this post