Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cable Your Love

Post Thanks / Like

Cable Your Love

http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW4831.pdf

I'm stuck on the second and third rows of the center panel. Row 2 is SC 3 stitches, then the rest of the row is skip, sc 2 all the way across. The third row says to SC 3, SC in the ch1 space, then DC in the two skipped stitches in the row below, SC in the next ch1 space, then SC in the next two stitches. The DCs seem to come in pairs, but there's only one single skipped stitch left, accompanied by the ch1 space above it. Should I just do the one single DC in that skipped stitch and then move on? I feel like I'm missing some instruction here and I don't want to jack up the whole center panel in the first 3 rows and have to go back and start over.

Someone help me before I have an aneurysm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kadiedawn,
    I am reading the directions for your afghan. It seems to me that you do 1dc in each skipped sc in the rows below but they are not side by side. You will only be putting these in the skipped sc and skipping 2 sc in the current row. This pattern will be creating your criss cross. I have crocheted many cable afghans and the first couple of rows to start the pattern are sometimes complicated. Please let me know if this helps. If needed I will work the pattern and come up with a better explanation.
    Thanks,
    Jo Ann