Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Stress Relief Gloves

Has anyone tried any of the stress relief gloves? Have they helped? I'm crocheting a lot now and I'm getting a lot of pain in my left thumb. I'd appreciate any feedback/reviews.

2. Thanks mash52 thanked for this post
    Likes JDeBuck liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    hey icat 95118 welcome to crochet talk---you asked about stress gloves yes they do help a lot

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Do you have a particular brand you like?

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the best brand. I have been wanting to try some of them gloves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi lcat,
    I have some Thergonomic Hand-Aids that I got from Hobby Lobby. I think I had some before but had to get new ones. I still have the package they came in but I don't know what brand it is. The gloves go to the wrist. The gloves are tight and provide heat. They are for heat, support and massage. Provides comfort and relief from pain and stiffness of arthritis, tendinitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and other repetitive motion activities at work, hobbies, and play. I used to wear them a lot more than I do now. Sometimes I think they're too tight or I get too hot so I take them off but I have found that if I wear them I can crochet longer.

I remember wearing the gloves while crocheting and the phone would ring and I would answer the phone with my gloves on and the yarn dragged across the floor and I would crochet while on the phone. I've also used the gloves while on the computer or rather kept the gloves on from crocheting and typed on the computer with the gloves still on.

My hands get tired quicker when I don't wear the gloves. If I wear the gloves for a while I don't even know I have them on.

My husband had gotten some other gloves for heat from Amazon that are longer and go on you fingers too but he gave them to me to use. I use them sometimes.

7. Thanks mash52 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much, Jean Marie. I really appreciate your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Welcome lcat!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've tried them but I still ended up having to have Tendon Releases on both hands and most fingers and my right thumb. I understand your pain. They tried the cortizone shots but as long as we continue to use our hands they will bother us. Dr. always told me to crochet for a while and stop but I doubt he knew what it was like to crochet a project. I had even asked the Dr. about the gloves and he told me they wouldn't work and I did try and they don't. Good luck. Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Sue, that doesn't sound like fun. I guess I'd just better be happy it's only one thumb!

Post Thanks / Like
    hey icat i got mine at the drug store they are nylon ----have you noticed the right hand does all the work and it is always the left hand that hurts

13. Likes JDeBuck liked this post