Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Viscose

Post Thanks / Like

Viscose

Has anyone here worked with yarn that was either 100% viscose or a viscose blend? I was looking for a yarn with a sheen, nice drape, and fingering weight to make a shawl with. The stores around where I live don't carry fancier yarn and I'm a little worried I'll get burned with online ordering. Thanks for any suggestions!

Post Thanks / Like
    look by the thread and see if they have a thicker thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually I shop at Joann's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or Walmart. There are a couple independent yarn shops I haven't tried, but I've shied away from them because their prices are usually out of my range. I haven't found any viscose or viscose blend yarns at the chain stores.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go online and type in Viscose yarn You will find places that sell a viscose blend do yarn. It is mail order but I order yarns online quite often with no problems.

5. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I was clear enough - my bad. I have found viscose yarns online, but I haven't found any reviews for them. I was just looking for comments in regard to how it was to work with, did you like the completed item, how did it wash up, etc. before I invested in the yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only project I have done using viscose is making tassels. It is the only thing to use that makes good tassels. It was a bit slippery to work with and tie together. Also frayed a bit but otherwise worked up well. When the tassel was stored in a box, the viscose became wrinkled a bit but a quick spray of water relaxed it back to its original shape.

8. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post