Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to CT

Post Thanks / Like

New to CT

I'm new to Crochet talk and I'm looking forward to trying and learning new Crocket technics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judy,
    Welcome to ct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome! Please take some time to look around and let us know if you have need of anything!

Happy Crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Good to have you with us

Post Thanks / Like
    hey judy welcome to crochet talk

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet Talk. Lots of wonderful crocheters here.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like

I am new to Crochet Talk

Hi I am new to Crochet Talk and I don't know a lot about it like how to get around on here .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimisuga View Post
    Hi I am new to Crochet Talk and I don't know a lot about it like how to get around on here .
    Hi Mimi,
    Welcome to ct. If you go to the newsletter it will say 'Todays Posts' in the purple just under where it says 'Crochet Talk'. If you click on 'calendar' it will change from 'Todays Posts' to 'New Posts' and then it will also say 'Private Messages'. If you want to private message someone then click on their name and a box will come up. Click on 'Private Message' to send someone a private message. You can click 'Private Messages' at the top in the purple box or rectangle if you want to get to your private messages.

If you click on 'Crochet Talk' on the top of the page; you will get the page that says 'Introducing Myself', 'General Chi Chat', 'Main', etc. You can go there to read posts or to post a new message. If you find out on your email that a message where someone replied on a thread on ct ( 'reply to thread' on your email) and you click on it and find out who replied and then find out that the post or thread that you're looking for is not on 'Todays Posts' or 'New Posts' then you can go back to your email and click on the one from Crochet Talk that says 'Reply to thread' and find out if it's in the 'Main' or 'General' section, etc. and then you can go to what section it is posted in and you'll find the posts and you can click on it to read what the person said.

The computer keeps track of some of the places you've been so if you get an email saying you have a reply to a thread on crochet talk then you can click on it to find out who replied to the thread on ct then after you open or click on it to find out who replied to the post then instead of clicking to see what the person said, go to the top of the page and click on the plus sign+ and if you have been on crochet talk recently then after you click on the + sign then you will see a box that says crochet talk. click on it and it will take you to crochet talk and you can find the reply and read what someone posted/replied to on the thread. This is just a safer way of doing it.

Although when it says I have a ct newletter on my email; I don't know how else to get to the newsletter so I just click on it.