Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Hey from KY!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey from KY!!!

Hey everyone!! I'm new here to this forum, but not new to crochet. I taught myself to crochet and read patterns 36 years ago when I was in xray school. It has been a great tool in helping me to relax. I love how I can just get lost in my thoughts while working up a project. I feel an enormous amount of joy when I can make something to give as a gift. Being able to think about and even pray for the recipient of the gift all during the process of working up the pattern is a great blessing for me. I am always touched when I receive a handmade gift in a way that receiving a store bought gift doesn't quite seem the same. I'm thankful either way, but knowing someone thinks enough about me to take their time and talent to make me something is just so special. I don't do really do clothing projects, but I do crochet accessories from time to time. I haven't done much in the way of toys, either, but have done a few things. Mostly I do afghans, throws and scarves. And I absolutely LOVE making doilies and other things from thread.

I just wanted to say 'hey' and thank y'all for welcoming me into your forum. If I can help someone, just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to meet another threadie!

3. Likes KathyFuller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. It s great to hear from you. I am addicted on doilies -- Larisa

5. Likes KathyFuller liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Larisa....I'm not as addicted as I used to be, but now that the weather is getting so warm, I will most likely begin doing some more very soon. I don't know who's patterns you use, but I would recommend anything written by Patricia Kristoffersen . She has a definite God given talent for design. I have purchased every book she's published. Her patterns are gorgeous!!!! I honestly cannot say enough about them. She has a website pkcrochet.com where you can see her books and her work. Each one is very unique and I have never received such compliments for anything I've done....definitely NOT for my work, but for her patterns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kathy,

Welcome to the group! I am Barbara and I have been a registered R.T. (R) since 1992! Taking some time off with my kids right now but still keep my CEs up and my license!

R.T. (R) for those who do not know - means Radiological Technologist (Registered). Anyway - nice to have you here as a member! Look forward to reading more about your crocheting adventures!

8. Likes KathyFuller liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Barbara!!! Great to meet another R.T. (R) here!!! I went to school at a hospital in Ashland, KY from 1974-1976. I had to retire back in 2001 from complications of a severe, life altering injury I suffered on the job in 1999. I did xray, ultrasound and echocardiography during all my years, with the last 15 years doing only ultrasound. It was a great career and I miss working everyday, but I miss my co-workers and my patients even more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kathy,

I do miss working, but two of my kids have heart defects - one is waiting on a second heart surgery. So, right now my priorities are at home if you know what I mean!

I worked in general radiography and the emergency room for many years. The last three years I actively worked in the field I was involved in efficacy studies as well as became certified in bone densitometry.

Nice to hear from you! Will chat more later - have a girl scout adult meeting to go to tonight! Hope you enjoy the group!

11. Likes KathyFuller liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I look forward to hearing from you, Barb!! Have a great meeting!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kathy! I was an RN in a very small Emergency Room, and really got to know the radiologist that I had to call in at all hours of the night!
    I think all of us on this site will agree that crocheting is a God given talent! And it seems like a lot more of us are finding that talent! Thanks for reminding all of us about that!

14. Likes KathyFuller liked this post