Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

any suggestions for this?

How do I hide the messy back side of an afghan where the yarn is going every which way and is a real mess. ? I have been working on an afghan for a gift and now I dont know what to do with the backside of it? It is a real mess of yarn where I embroidered a message on the front side. I could use some help with that....any suggestions? Do I cover it up with a piece of clothe on the backside? Like a Quilt with a piece of muslin over the whole back of the afghan? Please answer soon ... I need to finish it this week if possible. redhead/ Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    Can't you just weave the yarn through other stitches?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Patty,
    Can't you just weave the yarn through other stitches?
    Jean Marie
    Hi Jean Marie,No I cant or I would. There is too much. The afghan is 36X63 and There is a ton of writing on the front side. I hid as much as I could but It looks crappy....I think it does anyway. I never thought about the other afghans I ever made that had a right and wrong side. I guess maybe I was more messy with the back side than I thought on this one. This has been the biggest project I never tried and I had no pattern to go by. It is totally made up as I go. I will be posting pictures very soon (probably sometime in the next 2 weeks). Anyway I just now came in from Hobby Lobby where I bought quilting material for the back side.

I will make it an AFGHQUILT I guess!

Maybe I have just invented a new craft!! Ha Ha Ha. Thanks for the thought tho. Patty

4. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty, I'm glad you found something you like to back your afghan with. I have thought about doing that but using a nice quality sheet. My daughters and one grandson take after me they have to have soft sheets. If I back the afghan with a sheet they won't need a blanket or anything under the afghan I think sometimes the afghans feel scratchy. Let me know hoe yours comes out ok? Have a good night love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a matching sheet to the bedding I gave as a shower gift and hand stitched it to the back of an entrelac knit blanket adding some small stitches throughout the blanket to give it stability. My son and daughter-in-law loved it!

Post Thanks / Like
    for future projects....when I embroider on the front of something I always use only the top of the stitch so it doesn't show on the back