Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Kansas!

My daughter had a daughter and she found crocheted item (hats, booties, etc) that ßhe wanted to make for her. But I just barely knew how to hold a crochet hook. Besides I am left-handed. I am an avid knitter. I have learned the basic stitches in English. But I have come across patterns that are charts instead of written out. I am having trouble understanding the symbols without a legend. Can anyone help?
    Thank you,
    Beccy

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    hey becky strhom wlcome to crochet talk iam sure somehere will come along with some answer s for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccy Strohm View Post
    My daughter had a daughter and she found crocheted item (hats, booties, etc) that ßhe wanted to make for her. But I just barely knew how to hold a crochet hook. Besides I am left-handed. I am an avid knitter. I have learned the basic stitches in English. But I have come across patterns that are charts instead of written out. I am having trouble understanding the symbols without a legend. Can anyone help?
    Thank you,
    Beccy
    thank you lulu 12 I appreciate the answer. And look forward to the help. Crocheting is still new to me, though I have made several baby hats. I am a knitter, so this is hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies. I understand only symbols. I wish I cold help but I am not English-speaking. I love to make filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Cincinnati, Ohio! I hope you enjoy looking around the site and meeting all of the fun, talented people here.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you here with us!