Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

New girl in town!!

Hellloooo everyone,
    What an amazing site this is. The level of activity is amazing. I posted for the first time yesterday and already got such great help and feedback. I love it. It literally brought a tear to my eye.

I am 24 years old and I am head over heels in love with crocheting. I stumbled upon this craft, thanks to my amazing grandmother. I am by no means an artistic person. When my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer and had to have surgery, I wanted to surprise her with some hand made gifts. So last year I picked up my a crochet hook and taught myself how to crochet. I gave my grandmother hand made christmas stockings that year and I never looked back.

I am now making hand made wedding gift for my sister in laws up coming nuptuals. I have made two bags for the flower girls and a ring bearers pillow which is still in progress. I am even thinking about venturing out of my worsted weight comfort zone to make her a crochet garter belt as well.

I look forward to taking part in this forum and using this great resource. Happy Crocheting ladies!!!

Jamie

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jamie,

It is great to have you here! Nice to hear of your story! Let us know how you are doing - and you are more than welcome to post some pictures of your work here in the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jamie. It s nice to meet you. I am larisa. I make thread doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jamie! And welcome! Are you using crochet thread to crochet these wedding things? I actually learned to crochet using thread! Mt great grandmother made edgings for pillowcases, etc! The first time I used worsted weight yarn I was in heaven-it was so much easier! I do still use thread though-I make outfits for 4" and 5" dolls! Glad you decided to join us!