Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm Afraid It's My Gallbladder.... :(

For about 3 weeks now, I've been having a lot of pain right where I think my gallbladder is. I'm not having any other symptoms, just a little indigestion that's all. It's a pretty big area about 6-7 inches across and it's soooo tender. Feels like a deep bruise. I've been taking some pain medicine that I have on hand, but it really doesn't do much for the pain. I don't feel sick at all.

I guess I'm going to have to break down and call my doctor

Have any of you had something similar to what I'm feeling? I really don't know much about gallbladder pain, just what I've read online.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly, I am sorry to hear you're having this trouble. I will add you to my prayers. Please do see your doctor, pain like that is trying to tell you something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pixie, I have similar symptoms - Few weeks ago I got pain in the stomach area - the pain has lasted about two weeks on and off... I went to the doctor and took image - it shows I got stones gallbladder, and I'm scheduled for taking them out on 21 of March.
    I suggest, you talk to the doctor and do something before bigger pain or complications. Hugs! Ada.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope it's nothing too serious. Take care of yourself. Let us know what the doctor says.

Post Thanks / Like
    It does not look like gallbladder but any way you should use diet. No fried, no fat, no yolk.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley,
    I agree you should see your doctor and have it checked out. As Megcsti said, the pain is telling you something. Please do not ignore it. My prayers are with you, dear Shelley. Please keep us informed.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Please visit your doctor asap to get the needed help. You are in my prayers.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much, ladies.

Well I spent 10 hours in the ER yesterday. They ran all kinds of tests, ultrasound, CT scan, x-rays, blood work, on and on. It turns out that my gallbladder is inflamed. I don't have any stones, so that's a good thing. It hurt so bad, I was afraid it had ruptured. Thank goodness it didn't.

I need one more test, a "hida-something" test, I can't remember the name of it. I'll see my regular internist doctor to get that set up.

Boy, I can tell you, we hear all the time about people with their gallbladders acting up. But when it's you, it's awful, I had no idea! I'll definitely have a lot of sympathy for them from now on.

Thanks again for your concern, and your prayers.

Hugs,
    Shelley

9. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you found out what it was. Do you have to have your gall bladder out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    I'm glad you found out what it was. Do you have to have your gall bladder out?
    Thanks Jean Marie, no I still have my gallbladder. I'm 52 years old and this is the first time it's ever flared up and become inflamed. At some point, I'll probably have to have it taken out.

How's your husband doing since his back surgery?

Shelley