Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Post I am not new, but this is my first post.

Hi! I joined last February, but I have never joined a forum before.
    I have been crocheting for 61 years. My mother taught me the single crochet when I was eight. I put it aside when I was a teenager because I was so busy, socially. lol
    But haven't stopped since. Now I am trying to teach my granddaughter. Somewhere over the years I have lost my patience. My granddaughter and I play a game to keep me calm. I think I may start with sewing for her. But it does give us special time together once a week so it is all worth it.
    Right now I am working on making flowers that I use to decorate canvas tote bags for my sil at a benefit she has every year. Her granddaughter was killed in an auto accident when she was fifteen and she has a benefit and gives scholarships at the high school where her granddaughter. OK I am getting way to wordy here. I will stop now.
    GeeGaw

Post Thanks / Like
    GeeGaw,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you! I am sorry for the loss of your grandaughter - but I am glad to hear of what you are doing in her remembrance! Let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbi, Thanks for responding so quickly. It was not my granddaughter. It was my sister-in-law's granddaughter. Actually it is my ex-husband's sister. We are still connected because we share children (who are grown) and now grandchildren. Of course it took his sisters twenty years for divorcing him. lol
    Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi GeeGaw ..welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! And welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your sister-in-laws loss but what a great way to remember her and keep her memory alive! Glad you decided to join us! This is my first forum as well and I am as active as I can be! I'm lucky that I have time just about everyday to "visit"!