Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Chapel Veil

Post Thanks / Like

Chapel Veil

I'm wanting to crochet a chapel veil for my wife. She attends a Catholic Latin Mass parish, and all of the women veil/cover their heads. She has multiple veils that she uses, but I thought it would be nice to make one for her.

I have an almost complete set of steel hooks that her mom gave me, and crochet thread is easy to get. The problem is finding a pattern. My Google-fu is failing me. I can't seem to find any patterns to make one. All I find are for prayer shawls (too big), or doilies (wrong shape). There is one result for a paid pattern that comes up, but when I try to even look at it, it's a broken link with no way to purchase it or any picture to even get an idea of what one would look like.

Do any of you have suggestions on where I could find a pattern, or of a pattern that I could easily modify?
    no.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found one on Rivalry. "This is a very easy, simple and elegant chapel veil made from double crochet clusters with a triple crochet scalloped edge. It works up to a triangle with the height being being 17 inches and the width being 31 inches. It is made with Aunt Lydia’s Classic Crochet Thread in size 10 100% Mercerized Cotton 350 yards using one ball. A size 6 steel hook was used to make this veil. You can use any size 10 cotton, linen or silk thread."
    Deneville

3. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see what you mean! I scoured the internet, and I couldn't find anything either!

Post Thanks / Like