Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: passage

Post Thanks / Like

passage

Hi,
    A few weeks ago the pastor came over to see how Mark was doing after his back surgery and before he left he asked me when I was going to recite so I asked him "When do you want me to?" He said he had his schedule at church and I should knock on his door sometime and we could set something up and that it probably would be something else but we would do Thessalonians sometime. So I knocked on his door at church and he asked what I wanted to do - if I wanted to do Thessalonians I said I did but I thought he wanted me to do something else. He thanked me and asked me if I didn't mind if it were a longer passage. I said "No", that I didn't mind. Well, he would let me know and he would probably know what passage by that Sunday.

A couple weeks passed and I hadn't gotten to asking the pastor what passage. Last Tuesday morning I had Bible Study and then I had to help make p&j sandwiches for the Bible Club Kids after Bible Study. So I thought maybe the pastor would be there that I could ask him. So when I got to church I asked the secretary if the pastor was in his office and if he would be there later (explaining I had to help with making sandwiches); so when I was about done making sandwiches the pastor came in the kitchen and said Megan (one of the churches secretaries) said that I wanted to talk to him; so I asked him what passage and it's Psalm 22.

So anyways, I started memorizing it on the way home and I looked to see how many verses in that Psalm and if I remember right, there's 33 verses in Psalm 22. The pastor had said he wanted me to recite it in 2 weeks. I told him I thought it was sometime in April. He said that's what he had said but he changed his mind. So it's not this coming Sunday but the Sunday morning after this Sunday that I have to recite.

I have 10 verses memorized. If I memorize 2 more verses a day I would get it memorized on the Friday before the Sunday morning I'm going to recite. Maybe I can memorize 1 or 2 more verses before I go to bed tonight.

Pray for me that I can get this memorized and be able to go over it a few times before I am to recite it. I'd like to be able to say it without any hesitations.

Jean Marie

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, I am praying for your memory to be supernatural for Psalm 22, to retain and recite without hesitation and all others forthcoming. Having already memorized 10 verses, you no doubt will have it memorized days ahead if you choose. God is with you! May He continue to richly bless you.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Beverly/Butterflyrose,
    Thanks for praying for me and thanks for the encouragement. I have 29 verses memorized. I've been working hard at it but I like to memorize. It's fun to do but it takes work. 2 more verses to go. I'm memorizing from the NIV. This is a Psalm of David.

5. Likes Megcsti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got through the last verse this morning. I've went over it and need to go over it a few more times before Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will pray for you to memorize and recite Psalm 22 perfectly. Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Meg

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm back from church and yes, I recited Psalm 22 at church. People said I did a good job and someone said that they could understand it; I didn't say it real fast and it was clear.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 03-06-2016 at 10:13 AM.

10. Likes Susan2014, Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Well, I'm back from church and yes, I recited Psalm 22 at church. People said I did a good job and someone said that they could understand it; I didn't say it real fast and it was clear.
    Congratulations Jean Marie! I knew you could do it! God has anointed your mind to memorize scripture. Again, congratulations and enjoy every moment of your life.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Beverly. Sharon at church told me I had a gift. Once I have it memorized I go over it so there's not any hesitations and I can just say it like I'm talking to somebody and to say it with expressions like when you're reading something and you read it with expression. And if I miss something when reciting I just keep going.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the link to listen to me reciting @ Holland Heights Church
    Once there, click on the first sermon "My God, my God, Why have you forsaken me?"
    It's about 7 minutes that Pastor George talks before I start reciting.

Jean Marie

Google hollandheights.com When you get there, under the top one it says 'Sunday Worship'- click on 'Sunday Worship'. Then click on the first sermon.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 03-10-2016 at 07:27 PM.