Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Activities Away From/At Home

What activities do you enjoy away from home? Are you taking any classes, involved in volunteer work or working on a job? What are your social activities?

What activities do you enjoy at home? What brings a smile to your face?

Life is full of adventure...make the most of each day.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I moved to North Carolina last year, I have become involved in several activities. I am a childless retired widow so I have tons of free time. I take exercise classes (try for five a week, so far I have been good) of move and tone, cardio and yogalates (yoga with Pilates). I also volunteer a few days a week at a local thrift store whose proceeds assists those affected by domestic violence. I joined a church of a different faith and changed to that faith because it was small and more down to earth, yet very spiritual and I am a volunteer there also. On the first Sunday of each month (or other Sundays as needed) I stay with the children in the child area while their parents attend the 9am service. Then on the same first Sunday after the children leave, I am a greeter for those coming to the 10:30 service and then I attend that service. I also joined the Sermon Based Small Groups which run for eight week sessions and we discuss the sermons and any other matters. Had our first session today, very interesting and fun and a great way to get to know the members. I also attend the monthly public HOA meeting so I know what goes on in our community. And in between, do things at home (like laundry, LOL) and the usual home stuff. Once it gets a bit warmer I will start planting outside in the backyard. Landscaper is currently working on another major project. Clubhouse is under renovation right now but should be open sometime in March and I like to go there and read and sit outside by the pool when that opens in April. I am meeting a lot of new great friends and hang out with them. Life is good!!!

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ro, I enjoyed reading about you active lifestyle. And I'm glad you're meeting many new friends too!(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Activities I Enjoy Away From Home...

I'm an active member of my church. I travel to the City to attend Sunday worship service and Finance Commission meeting. Then, later in the week, I attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study and Finance Commission meeting. Once a month, I attend Lay Meeting. I'm a newly-elected officer in this organization. I'm also on the Church Cleanup Committee. I'm also an intercessor at my church. There are many events to attend which I enjoy.

I enjoy traveling to different cities to shop, dine and experience the ambience.

Attending social events are exciting! I love applauding and wishing others well. Luncheons, fashion shows, plays, movies, showers, dinners etc to name a few. I recently joined "Creative Colors" class which meets 2x a month at the library. Another opportunity to meet new people! My cousins and I gather to celebrate our birthdays. We enjoy going to different restaurants to celebrate. Lots of laughter and FUN galore!

Shopping is a favorite pasttime. My top three faves for shopping are clothing/shoes/purses/accessories, home interior items and home maintenance/projects. I must not forget crafting items!

Acivities I Enjoy At Home...

Being with family and sharing daily life brings me great JOY. Making my home a welcoming and comfortable place by cleaning, decluttering and organizing it makes me happy. I love to decorate my home. Keeping in touch with friends! Reading, journaling, cardmaking, keeping a planner(I love to plan) and decorating it and having home projects done makes for more JOY. Adding to my Answered Prayers Wall is awesome! And so is my Vision Board! I plan to revisit sewing as a hobby. I'm also looking forward to gardening very soon. I want to make a few crochet items in the coming months. Planning in the works!

Just some of my activities away/at home!~Butterflyrose
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 02-20-2016 at 10:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today my older daughter and I attended "Creative Colors" class. Coloring intricate designs using different media is relaxing. It also allows for creativity and expansion of the ideas printed. Chatting with the other ladies in attendance simply adds to the FUN that is created. Today, I used oil-based chalk and fine point markers to color an evening primrose. I titled my pic "A Pretty Day" and added the words Love, Hope, Peace, Joy, Faith and Patience among the leaves of the flower.

We shopped in a nearby city today!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 02-18-2016 at 09:07 PM.