Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

New to group and I thought I posted an intro yesterday, but apparently I did something wrong. I look forward to reading the posts, suggestions and responses to requests for help on this site. Currently I am a member of a senior citizen crochet group where the camaraderie is just wonderful! Members of our group range in age from 60 to 90 and we have experienced and novice members. This is truly the best group I have ever joined. Members share successes and help one another to learn new techniques. Members who have never before held a crochet hook are mentored by more experienced women. So far we have not have a male applicant, but of course they would also be welcome. Right now I am attempting a new design by Kim Guzman which is partially knit and partially crocheted. This will be a challenge for me because I do not do well attempting to correct errors in knit projects! Wish me luck.
    Warm regards,
    Susan

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan! And welcome! Sound like you belong to a very good group! Do you all make the same type of thing as agroup, or do you just get together and work on your own things? It's nice that you probably can get an immediate answer to your questions! Keep us posted on how you are doing on your project! Glad you decided to join us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan,

Welcome to the group! Glad to here you are enjoying the group! Let us know if you need anything and although we do not have all the answers - we do our best to help! Thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Susan! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I make thread doilies... Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your warm welcome! Maryjane, everyone in our group is free to make any item they choose. We have had members who were quite taken with crocheting face cloths and dish cloths and one who crocheted a very large American flag which our senior center plans to frame and hang. When Christmas is approaching we do all get busy with the hats, scarves and gloves for the youngsters. Otherwise, members may be busy making gifts for family members while others concentrate on the lap robes for the nursing homes. Right now many are crocheting prayer shawls since we recently had a request for them. I will try to add pictures soon.
    Last edited by susanvanzandt; 05-01-2012 at 02:45 PM.