Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hi everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hi everyone!

I am originally from a small town south of Chicago but moved to Mississippi when I was 31. We wanted our sons to have the childhood we did and it was the best move we could of made. They both had nice innocent childhoods thankfully. I was taught crochet at age 9 by my grandmother who I adored. She also taught me embroidery and sewing. I dabbled in a lot of things but with working full time then two children, I didn't do much crocheting for years as sewing seemed to take over at that time.
    .I became disabled in 2003 ( I was a nurse) from a severe vitamin B12 deficiency. They said I had to be critically deficient for 5 yrs to get the amount of damage I did. I woke up one day with neuropathy both hands, arms, feet, lower legs. I was only 43 and this normally happens when older but i also was diabetic. They felt that predisposed me to this happening at a young age. Since it was over night and not slowly, that is why the B12 was the cause. Anyway, ladies and gents get your drs to test yours every 3 yrs. Its a simple test and the symptoms are so mild it is very easy to not notice and blame symptoms on working, children, ect.

I did my own therapy. I went from wheelchair and not being able to write a sentence , slowly over 11 yrs to where I could sew larger pieces, and now back to crocheting basics. I don't know if i will ever be able to do smaller more intricate pieces but hey they said i would permanently be in that wheelchair but I said oh hell no . Went from wheelchair, to walker, to cane, and now to walking without cane 90% of the time. I can write all I want..and is fairly readable ha ha. Never give up ... make liars out of those who think you are done. Looking forward to lots of reading. I hope I can contribute but will probably be a lurker lol.

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sasha -- your so Welcome to be here, so much you have gone thru. So many questions Id like to ask BUT wont. You are an Inspiration to a lot of us. To many stories of Courageous members & some are my Friends in CT. You will see as they see your Story, give them time. I hope Valentines was a Nice Day and have a Blessed Week. Cold here But in 30's & maybe 40's end of week. Minnesota is beautiful 4-seasons. Susan2014 Hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Ty . Rainy here but in 50s. Suppose to be 72 by end of week. Hope it stays decent for awhile lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I wish you good health. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back, to both crocheting and being more mobile.
    no.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to CrochetTalk!

Nice to meet you and have you as a member!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome Sasha