Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Doilies Are Hard To Make...

I am working on a lovely doily in size 20 thread, and folks have been asking for photos of the finished work. In such a small scale with so many stitch changes, mistakes happen. I just found one and had to pull out something like three rows, so I am going to take a break from this particular one for a week or two and let my head clear. I will post photos when it's finally done.

This piece is worth doing, and I will get it finished. I had a similar setback with the Star In A Snowflake project, and had to set it aside for a couple of weeks too. I guess this is going to be normal for me. As hard as I try to back check my stitches, I'm still learning how carefully I need to be to avoid this sort of thing. With fine crochet, patience is everything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear I understand you! You are right
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

3. Likes Megcsti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did two doilies years ago when I was pregnant. For some reason i had the patience then.

5. Likes Megcsti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Lairsa and Debby. Part of me feels stupid, but the work is very hard to see, and this seems to happen every time I do something with 30 rows or more. I love making doilys, but when I spend too much time on a large one, it's like I have been looking at it too long or something. So I am working on a small one for now, and I will get back to the other one when my head clears.

7. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished the Rose English Doily (minus the roses). The points are tricky at first, but by the time I got to the last 3, I was pretty comfortable with it. The thread has been clipped, the tail sewn in, all that's left to do is wash it and spread it out to dry. Photos tomorrow.