Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

New here, quick question

I have been asked to crochet two Afghans, this person is willing to buy all supplies, my question is how much should I charge per Afghan?

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome to ct. Sue.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Glad to have you with us

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome to ct. Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I did set price once long long time ago. I felt like I wasn't charging enough. It's a tough decision. Come to think about it I did it twice! Family second time! Just pray about it.

8. Likes Megcsti liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Suebill74, I know this sounds crazy. But several years ago a lady saw me working on an afghan and she wanted to know if I would make her one for her first grandchild. I knew the family didn't have much money and that she had been saving her pennies for this child. I charged her 10 dollars for the afghan. I would have given it to her but she wouldn't """ take a hand out"". Then several years later, I made 2 afghans for a doctor with twin grandbabies. I told her 25 apiece. She gave me 50 apiece. She could afford it. The yarn she bought was hand dyed, handspun cashmere. By the time she paid me for crocheting them , I would say she spent over 400 dollars for the 2 baby blankets.

and the lady that I charged 10 dollars thought more of the blanket I gave her and the work that I put into it than the doctor did. So I can't tell you how much to charge for them. Most say to charge twice what the yarn costs. When you get them done, send us a picture. Hugs, Margaret

10. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome! There are also multiple threads about pricing here in the forums.

Simply use the search box in the upper right side of the page and put in the word pricing. Hit enter and there will be a list of threads many are titled about pricing crochet projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I would look into some selling site we have in CT or go to etsy & see?? I'd say $5 an hour, depends on how long or hard the pattern to. Good Luck. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    How much is your time worth? Susan 2014 says $5/hour. I'd say that's seriously undercharging.
    What time frame do they want them produced in? If they want it fairly quickly, I'd charge more. If there's no timeframe, I'd be willing to charge less.
    How much do you value your skills?
    How much do you like/love the person you'd be making them for? If it's for a friend or family member, I might be willing to charge less.

I won't do commission work (for now), as I don't want to feel pressured to make something in a specific time frame. I also enjoy crocheting, and don't want to turn it into a job. I'll make things for other people, but the things have to be items that I choose to make.
    no.