Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Front Stitch?

Post Thanks / Like

Front Stitch?

Hi,
    I'm working on embroidery cards and on some of them it will say to back stitch. When I back stitch I start on the 2nd hole and go back to the 1st hole and then skip one hole and go back to the one I skipped. I hope I start the back stitch right. So what is a Front Stitch? It should be the opposite of a back stitch right? I couldn't figure it out so I googled it but can't find how to do a Front Stitch.

Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this and it looks like a front stitch is a running stitch.
    Embroidery Stitches

Post Thanks / Like
    found this
    https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-001

There's a space between the stitches though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I figured it out by looking at the picture. A front stitch is just like a back stitch except a front stitch is going forward. I figured a front stitch is starting on the first hole and skipping a stitch and then going back one stitch and skipping a stitch again, etc.

A back stitch is like a cursive e

5. Likes Megcsti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you get that finished, will you post pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I'll post pictures. It's not as easy to type since I just got off the treadmill. I have a few more embroidery cards I want to do.

8. Likes Megcsti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I almost have 50 embroidery cards done. I'm working on the 49th one. I was talking to my Dad and told him I didn't know what I'm going to do with them. He said:"Give them away; that's what your Mom did." Then I was talking to someone at church on Sunday and she said I should pray about it and God would tell me who to give them to.

Then last night my husband said that he wanted to give a couple of embroidery cards to some people from our church that helped us out and we would still put a thank you in the newsletter or bulletin.

Then Tuesday (today) after Bible Study I was telling someone about the embroidery cards and I just told her what some of the different ones were and she says that next week she'd like to see them and that she'd pay me for them. She didn't even see them! But it seems to me that I brought them somewhere else once and someone wanted to pay me for some and I don't remember if I gave her any but I think maybe I did and she paid me for them.

Last Sunday they talked about 'my brothers house' and that they would be here next Sunday and I thought about giving the cards to them but I wasn't so sure about that. Then I was thinking about giving them to people of our church that's in a nursing home or at Royal Park or American House so I don't know. Maybe I should keep the cards for if we need a card for someone. O.k., I probably should give them away but do I give a lot of them away at one time or a few here and there and what about if someone wants to pay me for them?
    I would like to just give them away but I probably would accept money.

Some of them are harder to do than others. There's designs, hearts, fireworks, a poinsettia, flowers, crosses, kittens/cats, puppies/dogs, polar bears, teddy bear w/a heart, a elephant, instruments, a bike w/a big wheel, a vintage car, a steam engine, people singing like in a choir but it's only 3 people, etc. I haven't done all of them and the one I'm working on now is the elephant.

Post Thanks / Like
    On New Year's Day morning I was weaving in yarn ends and 2 or 3 days later I started on the embroidery cards, not sure at first if I really wanted to do them, but then I got into it and like I said have almost 50. When I get 50 done I'm going to stop, for a while anyways. I am getting tired of doing them but I kind of want to do them yet. You know what I mean?

Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Um, what is an embroidery card? Could you post a picture? I don't think you should just give them away for no special reason, I think they should be for a thank you gift or to comfort someone, stuff like that.

Post Thanks / Like