Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Introducing myself in CrochetTalk

Hi to all in this forum. I am a retired Psychotherapist and Marriage and Family Therapist. I was in private practice for 25+ years in San Antonio, Tx. I now live with my husband of almost 35 years (Sept. 30th), Jim, just a few miles north of S.A. in Fair Oaks Ranch, Tx. We have a blended family of 6 children, 14 grandchildren, and in March will have 11 great-grandchildren. All but 3 of these live within 25 miles of us, so there's always some family event taking place year 'round! Family get-togethers are huge!

I am self-taught in crocheting and knitting, but haven't had a lot of time until lately to get more serious about it. Due to four back surgeries since 2003, I have had to give up golfing, so now my favorite hobby is crocheting lapghans to donate to nursing homes in our area. Last year I made 25 of them. They are most useful to people confined to wheelchairs, where a regular size afghan would be way too large and bulky.

I also like to make all size doilies with crochet thread, although it's a challenge to find people to give them to, as doilies aren't popular in the modern world. I've used all I can in our home already. I'd like to make sweaters for children and adults, but they're too complicated for my skill level, and I don't have anyone nearby who could help me. I'm hoping that I might get some assistance (if I decide to give it a try again) on this forum.

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. It is nice to meet you. I crochet doilies mostly filet itesm. Will we see photos of your works?
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps in the future. The one you have pictured on your post is truly beautiful, but much more advanced than I am. Thank you for your welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Do you have a cat? I have 6 birds... Really the filet crocheting is easy.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome! Nice to have you here on site with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Barb Fuller, Im from Minnesota, advanced beginner?? in crochet. I Donate most all my small project. Wheelchair Blankets, carry Bags are great welcomes to invalid's. You seem quite busy with Family and hooks & needles Wow Talented. Im sure sweaters are a item some can help with (not me-sadly to say). Hope you like it here in CT Group.

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Most crochet item I do are listed as Easy to Intermediate. I haven't had much time lately to make anything, but I hope to correct that soon, as I want to make matching long scarves for my youngest daughter and her daughter (my grand-daughter). If you still live in Minnesota, I hope you aren't too inconvenienced by the recent snows. We're in light clothing here in Texas, some even in shorts today.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like your name. And thank you for the welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have any pets at the current time. We had to put down our 17 1/2 yr. old dog, 'Baby,' in 2006 and just haven't been able to clear our hearts to get another since then. I once had 5 cats and a dachshund, who thought he was a cat, since we got him at 8 weeks old, and he was the 'newcomer' in the family of the 5 cats, who were already in the household. They raised him. When one of the cats had a litter of five kittens, Willie used to 'kitten sit' for her when she wanted a break. She wouldn't let any of the other 4 cats near them, just the dachshund.

We will consider adopting a rescue dog some time after my husband has his back surgery. He's going to have a complete lumbar fusion with instrumentation, just like I had in 2013. There will be a few months recovery.

Happy Crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish you and your husband good health
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן