Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

For those affected by the horrendous snow

Hi all. I have been watching the weather channel on and off during the day and just want to say to those in the snow stricken areas, please stay safe and listen to the warnings. NYC will be ticketing, fining and even arresting those who are driving after an order was issued not to drive after 2:30pm. It is a matter of common sense not to drive in blizzard conditions when there it not a reason to drive, but there are those who think it is just fine to do so and end up getting stuck or becoming involved in accidents.

I moved to NC from NY last year after we had a lot of snow (not as much as Boston but still more than I liked) and I am more coastal (live in Leland, just west of Wilmington) so we did not get the snow that NC was getting (that was more Charlotte and Raleigh).

I have gotten texts and pictures from my friends up in Long Island and it is horrible, basically a replay of last year. So I am thinking of all those who have been affected
    by the snow, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers to be safe.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    It is important to keep extra batteries, blankets, food etc for an emergency! Keep in mind that the weather can cause havoc in any part of the country! We live in earthquake country, we are due for a really big one! keep safe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Roe, Glad you moved South and don't have to deal with the huge snows.